Monday, March 06, 2006

You have to start somewhere

Well, here I am. Diving off into something else that I don't have time for. I really don't have any time to spare, but I know that the public is just dying for a peek into my life. Clamoring for my insight and destined to hang on my every word. So with that in mind, I begin.

This little trip into contemporary Americana will include a variety of things that interest me. Being of average inclination, I'll share experiences here relating to Motorcycles, Cars, Wildlife, Friends, Family and a host of other things that I might stumble on in my spare time. I'll likely venture off into left field occasionally and even climb up on my soapbox from time-to-time (everyone needs to vent, right?).

One thing I greatly enjoy doing is tinkering in the garage, on…well, whatever. Currently I have three ongoing motorcycle projects that I’ll be reporting the progress of. I really don't have time for three projects (or even one), but I've got a moderately severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder and the ensuing chaos plays nicely into my natural confusion. All three bikes are of the vintage trials variety; that is vintage as defined by AHRMA (American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association), pre-1980. They consist (more-or-less) of one 1974 Yamaha TY250, one 1973 Honda TL125, and a 74 Yamaha TY80 that belongs to the son of a good friend of mine. In the next few days, I’ll post some photos and histories of these machines and we’ll see where it goes from there. That is, if I can find the time to spare. Later then. American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association

No comments: