Sunday, March 19, 2006

My Daughter’s World


I’ve made reference to my son here several times since starting this Blog, but let me tell you a little about my daughter. My Leslie is 21 and a junior at Eckerd College in St Petersburg Florida. She’s there studying marine geophysics and doing very well. She’s a very driven person whose remarkable success is due to a good gene pool (her mother, mostly) and an incredible work ethic. She’s been all over the world, studying in her field and throwing herself into the different cultures she finds. She’s spent weeks at sea on research vessels and sailing ships, beginning when she was still in high school. She’s explored the rain forest and volcanoes of South America, the Serengeti in Africa, and the corral reefs of the Fiji Islands. There have been other trips as well, all of which have helped mold her into a remarkable young lady (please excuse the parental pride). Most of these adventures come as the result of her work at school, as a part of her scholarship, or simply the fruits of her tireless labor. I’ll share some of her experiences here from time to time, even though the subject may not interest those who don’t know her. I can tell you this, though; if you did know her, you’d love her. Everyone does.

No comments: