Sunday, March 19, 2006

Posting Frenzy


A short mention here of my very oldest friend in the world, my brother Joe. A lot of the guys who (may) read this know him; he’s usually with me when I’m riding trials. We first started riding together back in the 70s and have come and gone in the sport ever since then. He missed the ITSA event this weekend because he’s currently working out of town and couldn’t get back. There have been many periods of time during the last half-century, that we’ve been apart. This includes episodes when our interests have gone in different directions and there’s nothing unusual about that really. Never the less, we’ve always been able to fall right back into a level of comfort and confidence that has been a constant thing all our life. He’s a good trials rider and pushes me to be better. He’s a better brother than anything else and even though he can get a little testy when he’s not riding well, I miss him when he’s not there. Maybe he’ll be around for the next ride and he can push me beyond the poor performance of this past Saturday. I really stunk

1 comment:

Pee Wee said...

Yup, we missed Joe at the trials too.