Sunday, March 12, 2006

A day in the woods

Spent the day at Hacienda fina grande de Ginder and MAN, I had a great time. I'd planned to make a trip down south today, to compete in a Modern trials event. Then out of the blue, I get an invite to clear a little brush, roll a few rocks, and (mostly) spend a little time with some guys who really know how to smoke up some woods. It was also a good opertunity to stress test the little Honda. Good thing too, I found it had a few bugs to work out. I had a seal leaking oil on my points (they don't make near enough contact when lubed like that), resulting in a little miss. Found that the shocks I put on it had all the action and dampening of two pieces of rebar welded in top to bottom. My clutch modifications needed some tweaking and a few other small, aggravating problems. Still, it beat the heck out of most anything else I could have been doing. When I got home, I spent a little time in the old garage, working through most of the items identified during the day. I think when I take delivery of the new B&J Racing assembled Falcon Shocks, Tighten the new Diamond 428 O-ring chain, install the new MSR Raptor clutch lever, adjust the air in the super-soft IRC T-011 radial trials tires, and fill it up with 3/4 of a gallon of high octane Turbo Blue racing fuel, this Vintage Big Bore powered Honda dream machine will be ready for the trail! Whew..., how's that race fans? Think of what I could do for a real sponsor. Oh well, I guess a sponsor would get tired of me hitting the ground all the time.

3 comments:

cpt. Dick said...

Man that thing looks good , but I would get a nice spring to hang off the swingarm insted of that old rusty one.

Pee Wee said...

Yo Pap,
TL166 looking good and glad to hear that everybody had a good time during the lay-out. Hey, don't pay no attentions to no Dicks.......

The Crew @ B and J said...

From a sponsors perspective....they look for their rider to make them stand out, be noticed, shall we say by putting the name and logo of the sponsor where it can be seen readily. Personally we don't care how you get noticed....just make it memorable......We will be sending you some B&J stickers...could you please put them on your skid pan!