Saturday, March 11, 2006

Little Thumper, Ready to Roll


Well, after a long day of final touches the TL project is complete. I think it turned out pretty good. It starts easy and the modifications all seem to have the desired effect and after about a half hour of riding it around in the back yard, I'm ready to chalk it up as a success. There's an AHRMA trials event next weekend and I expect to see then if it's up to the task. In the mean time, I'll begin the process of getting the TY250 ready for the road (or off-road, actually). I suspect that it'll emerge as the premier vintage steed in my two-wheel stable and putting my son on it to compete against me, is not going to help forestall the loss of my place as the alpha male trials rider around here. He's breathing down my neck anyway and I realize it's just a matter of time before he moves past me completely. Putting him on the superior machine, then going head-to-head, is just asking for it. Man, is that going to hurt! The smart thing would be to put him on the Honda, but he might beat me anyway and that surely would be the end of everything. Besides, it's way to pretty a machine for him to beat up on.

2 comments:

Pee Wee said...

Sweet! Looking good.
Dude, you'll always be the Alpha Male trials rider around there, after all you showed him how, whether he likes it or not!

cpt. Dick said...

If he don't leave those girls alone you will have no problem.