Sunday, November 23, 2008

I hate the Winter

Man, I get bored this time of year. Threre's nothing to do on weekends but sit around watching TV and wait for Monday.

Tammy and I watched some random TV show over the weekend, in which the sound track included that old hit from the 80s, “Can’t stop this feeling”. We sang right along with it. Pretty lame, uh? Well maybe so, but right or wrong it's a part of our past and maybe yours too.


Trivia time. In the early 1900’s Oldsmobile began manufacturing a heavy-duty flatbed truck that they dubbed the Speedwagon. It was the brainchild of the company’s fonder, Ransom Eli Olds. It was this vehicle that inspired the name of the band who made the song famous 80 years later. Cool

5 comments:

Leslie Wallace said...

Righteous Bros? Funny enough, I sang that song at a karaoke bar on Bourbon St. in New Orleans a couple weeks ago. Indeed, brought back good memories...

Jessie Wallace said...

No, not the Righteous Brothers. I guess my trivia was a little too vague

Karaoke? pretty bold

Leslie Wallace said...

We'll call it "Liquid Courage" if you know what I mean...

Pee Wee said...

Ha! Liquid Courage! That's what we use around the campfire! As Mennonite Mike says, "The more you drink, the better we sound."

You know, Leslie's right, there was a Righteous Bros. song with nearly the same title as the REO tune. Blue Swede (Jesus!) even had a bit of a hit on a redeaux.....

cpt. Dick said...

Righteous Speedwagon?
I saw REO Speedwagon in the early 70's with Brownsville Station you know ( smokin in the boys room ).