Friday, May 26, 2006

He Did Okay



Last weekend, while most of you were at TTC for the world round and the vintage bike show, I was with my family, witnessing a rite of passage. Yep, my little man has finally taken that big step. One that his mother and I had long been anticipating (and dreading). I'll be honest, there were occasions when I doubted he had it in him. Oh, he looked like he was setting himself up to go all the way, but still there was a part of me that had reservations. In fact, I found out this weekend that he had been holding some reservations of his own. Looking back, I know I should have expected it. Well, that's all water under the bridge now, because he did make it. Made it all the way (with a little help from his friends, and his old man). Made it all the way......to FLORIDA!!!!! Yep, he said someday he was taking off with his friends and hitting the road and by golly he did it. Heck he's there now! In a hotel that's full of high school kids, with eight of his buddies and right next door to Hooters! Man, he sure has made his old Pap proud. Way to go son!! Oh yeah, he also graduated from High school.

3 comments:

Pee Wee said...

Hey, how'd your truck like Florida?

Jessie Wallace said...

Evidently, the truck seemed to make it okay. I get the impression that Clay made a lot of friends while down there and at times my truck was used like the Clown's car at the circus. I believe they were both glad to get home last night.

cpt. Dick said...

Congratulation Clay. This is your first step to being an old man.