Sunday, June 12, 2011

PLAY BALL!!!


Thirty-five years ago at about 4:30 in the afternoon, I went down to the little league ball park to coach a group of 10 year olds in a mid-season baseball game. It wasn’t my first and it sure wasn’t my last, but it was a little unusual due to the fact that I’d gotten married earlier in the day. Yes Tammy and I had just enough time to leave the church, go home and change clothes, before heading out to the game. It wasn’t a great honeymoon and certainly a lot less than she deserved, but she was a good sport about it. Like a lot of young couples we didn’t have a lot of money, so a trip to Hawaii wasn’t in the cards anyway. Through the years, we’ve done a lot of things like that and while it doesn’t sound real romantic, it did make for a great story.

I’ve got a pile of great stories; that’s one of the many benefits of having so many years with one special person. Happy anniversary honey and thanks for staying in the game with me so long. You’re the All-Star on our team.

3 comments:

Menonite Mike said...

Congrats to the both of you, but I didn't know you had a ten year old thirty five years ago Jessie.

cpt. Dick said...

Ya'll are great together and I hope you stay that way.

Pee Wee said...

Ah, that Mennonite Mike, such a card.....

Happy belated Anniversary to two of my favorite people.

And yep that's sure true about the stories.