Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Morning Walk

I got up this morning at 6:30 and dressed in a hurry. By that I mean I was ready to go outside for my morning walk by 7. I find I do everything SLOW these days, which is counter-intuitive for me, but I’m making progress and at least dressing myself now. I took off down the road for a half mile before I felt myself run out of gas. Whew, time to stop this marathon and set down for breakfast and maybe a little nap. Of course I had a little problem, in that I didn’t anticipate my commitment level when I needed to. What I should have done would be to walk OUT a quarter mile, then back IN another quarter. Now, I find myself down the road and up the creek, with no legs, paddle, or ambulance service to fall into. Just when I thought I was destined to my own version of Man Vs Wild (with me curled up under a tree for shelter), up pulls Tammy in the truck. “Hey” she says, “You want a ride or something?” Man, was that a good nap I had a few minutes later.

3 comments:

cpt. Dick said...

Jesco... I would be surprised if you didn't go the extra 1/4 mile. Its OK to push yourself , but don't over do it. We want you back as soon as possible , but don't rush yourself. I can't tell you how many times your name was brought up the last 2 weekends. You are in our hearts and on our minds so come back when you can , but don't do anything that you might regret later. We love ya brother cant wait to see ya.

Pee Wee said...

What the Captain said.

Times two.

Word to Tammy.....

One thing the Captain kept saying was, as Jesco would say, "Hell, if you can't ride this loop here, you ain't a real trials rider!".....or something like that.

Jessie Wallace said...

You guys are the best.
Thanks