Sunday, May 18, 2008

UnDead


I've made an observation that I hesitate to mention...well, let me back up a little.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been a little remise in the taking advantage of photo opportunities. This past Sunday, we held Round 3 of the SE ITSA series in Goodlettsville TN. Trent Parks was host of this, his first event and it couldn't have gone much better. More on that part later; right now I'd like to point out that I not only brought my camera, but I took it on the trail and took dozens of shots of some good rides and great efforts. I got Peewee and Malcolm styling through mud holes and hillsides. I got Chip and Ray slipping and sliding (like everyone else) in several of the slick creek sections. I got one really good shot of Randy Blackwell doing a pretty good SUPERMAN stunt, with his bike on the back wheel while he hung on for dear life. Sweet, just because I was (for once) ready on the spot for the shot.
I get home, plug the ol' Nikon into the computer and prepare to access the photos inside. What did I find? The single shot above! The rest are just...gone. If not for the one remaining, I'd claim mechanical difficulties, or even operator error. But since this picture did take, I can only conclude one thing. Except for Ray and Graham, I've obviously been riding all day with a bunch of Vampires. Dang

2 comments:

Pee Wee said...

I vant to drink your blood!

Too weird, I was really looking forward to some of the Randy B. pics, they had to have been good.....

As always, a pleasure riding with you and what a great hang all week-end. Thanks for letting me beat on your Martin.....

Man. It don't get much better.

Jessie Wallace said...

The picture thing sucks, but I really don't need them to remind me of the good time I had. Eveytime we all get together I have a better time. Your music mixed in nicely with Malcolm's pals. It must be great to be able to do that. Well done, my friend.