Wednesday, February 20, 2008

George T Bass 1947 - 2008

I've got a good fiend by the name of Bass. NO, not the Ernest T of Mayberry fame. TO date my buddy Malcolm hasn't written a song about big George. There's plenty about him that would inspire creative effort. Big, tall, and strong as a mule. I always thought he looked like the old TV star, Clint Walker. Worked full time until he retired a year or so ago, never sick. His hobbbies where always hunting, fishing, and helping everyone in our part of the world, at one time or another. He routinely volunteered himself (along with a few of his friends) to build porches, garages, roofs, and several complete houses. That's how I know most of what I know about driving a nail. Yes, a real man and a good friend. It was like everyone claimed him and so each lost him similtainously. I've never seen such a line as was spilling out in to the 25 degree air at the rear of the funeral home tonight. AH, say it ain't so!

3 comments:

cpt. Dick said...

You just never know when your time comes , but just be glad that you were oneof many to meet and enjoy Mr. Bass while he was here. God speed and I'll bet he's helping someone right now.

Jessie Wallace said...

Thanks Dick

Pee Wee said...

Yo Pap, sorry to hear it, although those words don't make it any better. Take care.....