Friday, August 25, 2006

We'll leave in a Minute!!




Milestone at our place last Wednesday, the boy packed all (or, rather some) of his stuff and migrated west. Yes sir, ready to give it "that old college try". His sister is in from college for a few days and so we made it a whole family thing. She flies back to Florida Sunday, then I guess the nest will be officially empty. Kinda tough on an old man, I'll tell ya. The boy's just a couple hours away, but I suspect his laundry will have to get pretty rank before we get him back to the farm. Maybe he'll get hungry once in a while, or want to visit the dog or something. Heck, he may want to come back occasionally just to see if he's grown enough to make another mark on the wall by the refrigerator. Me, I think I'm shrinking, or it could just be that the world's getting bigger. Time (like kids) march on.

1 comment:

Pee Wee said...

Tell him he just needs to come on back on trials week-ends so you can keep him in his place.....